I keep getting a GPO error 0x80070bcb on my Windows 10 Pro clients when trying to install a Brother shared network printer. Apparently this error means it can't find a driver (or can't install it).
- The printer is shared from a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine, which is also a DC in my domain.
- I have downloaded the latest driver from the Brother website, which claims that the driver is WHQL Certified.
- I have installed both the 64-bit and 32-bit version of the driver to the print server.
- I have enabled Point and Print Restrictions via GPO, and specified the aforementioned print server as an authorized source of drivers. Additionally I have disabled warnings when installing a new printer (warning only is enabled for updating a driver).
- Printing works fine from the server.
What else is necessary to overcome this error?