I'm trying to create a scheduled task on Server 2012 R2 to run as a domain service account. I select "Run whether the user is logged on or not", and select the domain service account, click on OK, enter the credentials, and then I get this error message:
An error has occurred for task LPAEmail. Error message: The following error was reported: A specified logon session does not exist. It may have already been terminated.
Things I've already tried:
- Checked that
Network access: Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authenticationpolicy is disabled.
- Logging on to the server as the user.
- A different domain account.
- Tried using the local administrator account.
- Adding the domain account to the local Administrators group.
- Changing "Configure for" to Vista, Windows 7, and Server 2012 R2. None of them made a difference.
- Setting to a local account, and then entering credentials for a domain account when prompted.
- Verified "Password never expires" is checked for the service account.
- Tried creating a completely new task.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to try?
Note: I discovered if I check "Do not store password. The task will only have access to local computer resources.", it works. But this is not an acceptable solution, because the task needs to access remote resources.