Is it even possible/recommended ?
We are trying to set up few active items configured with a 1 second interval. However those items don't keep up the desired interval, instead we are gathering a value about every ~30 seconds (as seen on the corresponding graph).
Testing the above with a simple "echo 1" as user paramater on the client side, which should be sent every 1 second without delay, but is not. We deployed a client on the server itself with an item configured the same way as above, which is successfully gathered every seconds.
Our Zabbix setup is relatively new, therefore the underlying MySQL DB is rather small and we haven't that many clients/items. The server is running in a Linux VM and the clients on dedicated Linux hosts (not on a local network).
We looked at the configurations files both on the server/client, but didn't see what could help us achieve this (apart from adding more trappers). This seems not to be a connection issue as the client side buffer should overcome this.
- What could be the reasons of this behavior ?
- How to find the bottleneck ? What can be seen with the Zabbix server statistics ?
- Is hardware the most important factor ?
- Is MySQL optimization mandatory ?
Can't post more links, so here are the things we looked at :
- Performance tuning page in the Zabbix reference manual
- Alexei Vladishev zabbix performance tuning slides (found on slideshare)