Here is what I did:
- From server manager installed BITS IIS Server Extension
- From IIS manager created virtual directory under default website (using DefaultAppPool with ApplicationPoolIdentity)
- From IIS manager, went to handler mappings, then edit feature permissions and disabled execute and script
- From IIS manager, changed the Authentication - I disabled anonymous authentication and enabled basic authentication
- I gave full control to all users I could think of on the virtual directory (everyone, DefaultAppPool, Network Service, ect...)
I get the following error when attempting to do an upload:
Error Code: -2145844748 Error Description: HTTP status 500: An unexpected condition prevented the server from fulfilling the request. Error Context: RemoteFileError Error Context Description: The error occurred while the remote file was being processed.
I have attempted to do an upload from a console app I created using the bits api on a cpu on the network and from the actual server using PowerShell. I am getting the same error both ways.