O/S: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Service Pack 1 64-bit
PER IBM Integrated Management Module II:
IBM ServerRAID M5110e SCSI Disk Device
- Drive 0 - 931.513GB
- Drive 1 - 931.513GB (Mirror)
- Drive 3 - 447.132GB (new SSD)
The system has been running for a few years, updated firmware and drivers for raid controller and drives.
- Update controller driver to 6.710.15.00
- Update Imm firmware to latest 1A0072H
- Update Uefi firmware to latest VVE150C
The Bios and Raid controller sees all hard drives (existing drives and new SSD drive), but the O/S does not show the new SSD drive anywhere.
What is even stranger is i added the same hard drive to two servers, they are exactly the same hardware, same firmware. But the one runs Windows Server 2012 and that one picked up the new SSD without any problems.