We recently moved into a new office, inheriting all cabling installed by the previous tenants. Right now there is a bundle of 30 network cables which look like they belong into a patch panel. I found out that there are a lot of providers selling what they call modular patch panels.

Does anyone know what vendor these connectors fit into?

1 2


As far as I know that is know as a RJ45 "Keystone Jack or Module" and the size is standardised with a rectangular face of 14.5 mm wide by 16.0 mm high. It should fit in both wall plates and modular patch panels regardless of vendor...

  • Thanks. Our jacks seem to be missing the plastic tabs which I have seen on all pictures. But the width and height are correct, so I guess they will fit. – BubuIIC Oct 20 '16 at 15:33
  • It looks almost as if that blue tab sitting on the top of the keystone is intended wrap around the top of a slot in a patch panel and act as a retainer. I.e. you insert the keystone from the back at an angle, slide up and so the panel fits into that little slit and then rotate the keystone to a horizontal position. – HBruijn Oct 20 '16 at 16:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.