I apologize if any of this is obvious; I am still learning how VLANs work. We have several APs around our building. Our internet provider provides us with a modem for the public network (DCHP enabled, 10.0.0.x) and a modem for our private network (DHCP enabled, 192.168.250.x). I'm having trouble understanding how to setup the VLANs. I would like...
- VLAN 2 - Public Network (Public Modem/Router on LAN 2)
- VLAN 3 - Private Network (Private Modem/Router on LAN 3)
- (I can't seem to make adjustments to VLAN 1. All ports are set to untagged)
We have a switch for our entire building that will be plugged into LAN 1 (Both APs and wired clients are on this switch together). So in the end, I need any wired clients to be on the private network (VLAN 3), wireless clients on public SSID to be on the public network (VLAN 2), and wireless clients on private SSID to be on the private network (VLAN 3). I am struggling with two things.
- What configuration of VLAN/PVID would I use to accomplish this? (especially which ports are tagged or untagged). Do I make LAN 1 a trunk port? I'm quite lost.
- The IP addresses of the APs themselves -- should I set them as a static IP in the 192.168.250.x subnet?