I have a Raid 10 setup on Dell Perc 6/i controller with 4 drives + hot spare.
While server was off, new drive was added yesterday in drive 1 slot that was empty for last 2 months. After turning server back on, co-workers say Ctrl+R pages showed foreign config on all drives, they tried importing, didn't work, so they tried clearing, now pages show:
-VD Mgmt: Controller 0 - No Configuration Present!
-PD Mgmt:All drives show Ready State
- Drive 0 - 500Gb - (last of the originals) - Ready
- Drive 1 - 1TB physical, limited by 500 gb drive - was pulled out 2 months ago when it died. Co-Worker placed new drive in this slot yesterday
- Drive 2 - 1TB physical, limited by 500 gb drive - no issues
- Drive 3 - 1TB - no issues
- Drive 4 - 1TB - Hotspare, found dead today. I'm guessing it kicked in when drive 1 died or was pulled 2 months ago.
Is there any way to recover? I'm guessing that data will be lost if I create a new Virtual Disk Configuration...if anyone can confirm, that would be great. I'm not sure of the stripe size, guessing default.