I'm trying to enable live migration on my Windows 2012 R2 hyper-v server, and it keeps failing. When I try through the GUI, I get an error that says "Error applying Live Migration changes. Failed to modify service settings."
If I try to enable it via the Enable-VMMigration powershel cmdlet, I get the following result:
Enable-VMMigration : Failed to modify service settings. The operation cannot be performed while the virtual machine is in its current state. At line:1 char:1 + Enable-VMMigration + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.VMTask:VMTask) [Enable-VMMigration], Virt ualizationOperationFailedException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidState,Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.EnableVMMigrationCommand
I've removed & reinstalled hyper-v on the server, but with no luck. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this?
- There is no cluster.
- The server previously had 2012, but had the VMs migrated off for the upgrade to 2012 R2
- The VMMS service is running
- The server used to have the SCVMM Agent installed on it, has since been uninstalled
- I am able to create and start a local VM, but not able to migrate anything to the server from another host
- There is no antivirus software installed on the server
- The user I'm using when trying to do this is a member of the local Administrators group
- The machine is domain joined