I have a virtual network set up with VirtualBox. I have two Windows Server 2012 R2 hosts, named DC01 and EX01. DC01 is a Domain Controller,DNS server and Router; EX01 is a DNS client and joined in the domain Jonas.Aalst.
Here is an overview of the servers:
- Function in network: AD Domain Controller, DNS server and Router
- Interfaces: NAT (resolved with DHCP) and Internal Network (Statically assigned with IP 192.168.17.1, mask 255.255.255.0)
- One DNS zone, a primary DNS forward lookup zone with records for DC01* and **EX01.
- Function in network: Exchange server (not installed yet) and DNS client
- Interfaces: Internal Network with IP 192.168.17.2, mask 255.255.255.0 , default gateway 192.168.17.1 and prefferred DNS server 192.168.17.1
At home, both DC01 and EX01 have internet access (DC01 via NAT , DHCP; EX01 via router DC01). But at my school network , only DC01 has internet access. EX01 can ping DC01 and can resolve local hostnames, but the server can't resolve internet websites (like www.google.com).
Does anyone know a possible solution?
Thank you very much in advance.