Let me keep it simple by explaining the current setup by points
- We have active directory setup in on-premise
- We have web service hosted in Azure (ASP.NET MVC + EF + SQL Server)
- There is a WCF service which hosted in on-premise which talks to AD and validates the USERS
- We used SERVICE BUS to communicate from Azure to WCF which hosted in on premise
- We have setup the Express Route
- We have SITE to SITE VPN setup from on premise to cloud
Application is running successfully but performance was poor. So we moved the WCF layer to cloud but we still have SERVICE BUS in place.
Solution: To improve performance we have to get rid of service bus and want to make direct calls to AD from web services which hosted in Azure.
Question: Is this approach is secure?