so I'm trying to get a Windows Deploy Server up and running to deploy Windows 8.1 to a new HP computer (no OS previously installed), and I thought I had, but I keep getting an error every time I try to image a computer.
- I'm working with Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
- I'm trying to deploy a copy of Windows 8.1 Enterprise to an HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 laptop.
- I added the Windows Deployment Service role through Server Manager, including successfully adding the Boot and Install Images.
- Also, our company's firewall acts as the DHCP server and is on the same subnet as both the deploy server, and the computer I'm trying to image.
- And I know the computer is being assigned an IP from the DHCP server, as when I log on to the firewall and check DHCP, I see the computer listed with both it's MAC and IP address.
- I'm able to PXE boot to the server.
- It connects and seems to get into Windows 8.1 install process, but after hanging on the Starting Setup window for a couple minutes, I then get the error
WdsClient: An error occurred while obtaining an IP address from the DHCP server.
Any and all ideas are welcome.