Here is my context:
- I have a web application (using HTTPS) which needs users to be authenticated prior to contacting it
- The application expects an HTTP header to be set (let's name it
- There are ~20 different Active Directory servers instances
- Users need to be authenticated on one of these AD server
- The AD server that needs to be used depends on the IP the user is using
Is it possible to do the following with HAProxy, and if yes, how can I do it ?
- when a user tries to contact a given URL, if the header named
HEADERis missing, force basic auth to request the user's
- when receiving
passwordfrom the user, check the
source ipand depending on the its value (mask / pattern / whatever) contact the corresponding Active Directory to authenticate the user
- once the user is correctly authenticated by the selected AD server, write the
Thanks in advance for your help!
P.S. I posted the same question on Stackoverflow but I guess that serverfault may be a better place to ask this kind of question.