I know this question has been asked on ServerFault and Stackoverflow but none of the discussions and solutions have worked for me. (Not linking to the question directly as I can only post 2 links at this point.)
I am using Wireshark 2.2.4 with WinPcap 4.1.3 on Windows 7 64-bit edition. Below are the various things I have tried with no success. Wireshark still says "No interfaces found"
- Run Wireshark as administrator.
- Ensured the NPF service was running using
sc qc npf. Stopped and started it again with
net stop npfand
net start npf.NPF status
- I've tried setting the NPF service startup type alternatively as System or as Automatic and restarted the machine. Made no difference.
- Used Windump -D which is able to see the interfaces. Windump output
- Installed Win10Pcap instead of the WinPcap 4.1.3 that is bundled with Wireshark and it made no difference.
- Have tried switching to the 32-bit build of Wireshark and had the same behavior.
Any help or ideas will be appreciated.
EDIT: See my own answer below.