I'm running Windows Server 2016 in a home network to do stuff like file sharing. As of today, I have been unable to connect to my network shares from any computer in and outside of the network so I started investigating. This is what I found so far:
- I cannot access the network shares from any computer in the network.
- This includes the Windows Server itself (using
\\10.0.0.2\in Explorer in an RDP session to the Windows Server).
- I CAN however access the network share via localhost (using
\\localhost\in Explorer in an RDP session to the Windows Server).
- This behavior does not change when disabling the firewall altogether.
- I CAN access other services (like RDP) on the Windows Server from any computer in the network.
- When "Diagnosing" the connectivity issue using Windows Troubleshooter I find this.
I have already tried:
- Rebooting both clients and the server
- Forcefully enabling NetBIOS
- Disabling the entire firewall
- Restarting the file sharing service
The only thing I did yesterday was installing VMWare Converter (5.1 if I recall correctly) to prepare for virtualizing the server in ESXi. Everything worked as expected before.
I'm currently unsure what to do next. Any help in troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!