I have old version of Solr on one server. i have 4 Cores in it. I have installed new fresh solr on new server. I have physically moved the old core directories as well, to new server Cores directory, but i cannot find a way to import them to new Solr instance. How can i do it?
If you have an already existing Solr index and you want to try new settings, it is best to work and test on a copy Solr’s index first. Here are the simple steps to make a copy of your Solr’s index: Suppose we have already an index named cast and the copy will be named LuckBox.
- Make new directory under solr (e.g. LuckBox)
- Copy the entire directories conf and lib from cast to LuckBox.
- Make new directory called data under the new directory LuckBox.
- Add to solr.xml your new index name
<core instanceDir=”LuckBox” name=”LuckBox” />
Restart Jetty (e.g. sudo /etc/init.d/jetty restart)
1 : click on Reload-config 2 : click on Full-import 3 : continue to next step only after the status became “idle” (by clicking on Status).
- Test your new index by: http://localhost:8983/solr/LuckBox/select/?q=:&start=0&rows=10&indent=on