I have the following setup
- I had a usual Managed domain
- I added Office365 users through Office365 admin console (including their emails and passwords).
- I checked that I can configure my iOS Native mail to get emails (by using an email + password)
- I federated domain to some home grown IdP (I didn't set up DirSync).
- I checked that if I access Office365 (portal.office.com) then it does SSO(as expected)
- I checked that If I configure my iOS Native mail then it still accepts email + password.
And now the twist.
After about a day, iOS Native mail stopped receiving emails. If I try to delete an account and add it back then it complains that it's unable to verify the user.
So, it looks like passwords work for 1 day and after go away.
Do you know, is this normal behavior or is this a bug? Do I need a DirSync to allow passwords continue working after federation for clients which doesn't support SSO/SAML.