I have recently moved to lightsail from Godaddy and have some legacy ftp accounts that I need to be maintain, all the ftp account are email addresses associated with the domain name. I have created a separate instance to cater for FTP.
- On DNS settings ftptest.domain-name.com is pointing to the IP of the instance.
- On lightsail firewall for the instance I removed http access and added ports for the ftp.
- Edited /etc/sysconfig/network to
- Edited /etc/hosts to
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
3x.xx.xx.1x0 ftptest.domain-name.com ftptest
- I installed FTP server on the instance (vsftpd: version 2.2.2).
- Created a new user called test and gave it a password.
- Tried to login via Filezilla using firstname.lastname@example.org and failed with
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
- tried to login as test and was successful.
How do I make it so that I can use email@example.com to login using FTP? The old server which had cpanel did this and I need the same functionality.
Edit 1: I do not get what you mean by 'usernames should include the domain name in themselves" and "@domain.com as part of the account"? I you mean create user with domain included, I get this when I try that:
sudo useradd firstname.lastname@example.org
useradd: invalid user name 'email@example.com'