- Fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 on a 256MB VPS
- LEMP stack with PHP 7.1
- Latest WordPress install with Avada theme & associated plugins only.
- At least 75MB of RAM free when not uploading
- Getting 502 errors when uploading large images ~8MB and 24MP. The server receives the file okay, but returns the error when processing thumbnails.
- I used this server to explore possible self-hosting image solutions, so I also installed Lychee temporarily, and the same situation occurs when uploading images.
recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream,
[pool www] child 451 exited on signal 9 (SIGKILL)
Nginx Config: https://pastebin.com/MtWdeeGz
Nginx Site Config: https://pastebin.com/YqWg9Euy
PHP.ini - pastebin.com/cJpgchQj
Things I've tried but no avail:
- Used sockets instead of TCP
- Implemented fast_cgi params in both the nginx.conf and the site config
- Increased WordPress memory limit in wpconfig.php
- Increased PHP memory limit in PHP.ini
- Increased execution time
Thanks for any help and insight that you can provide!