when creating user(s) with SSH PasswordAuthenication, there doesn't appear to be an issue. However, creating users(s) with SSH Key Authentication, I'm not sure I understand the workflow.
I want to create a user account with SSH Key Authentication, across other linux servers. On my admin box, I can provision these users with ansible, across many other linux servers with Password Authentication,
I want SSH Key Authentication.
How can you provision a new account across many servers it's own user SSH Key?
I seems, you have the following workflow with ansible;
- enable PasswordAuthenication in sshd_config, among all servers (including the admin system).
- create the account(s)
- have the new user login (admin box), and create there own SSH Key.
- The new user submits the public key to the provisioning admin.
- The provisioning admin copies the key to all servers,
- then disable PasswordAuthenicaiton in sshd_config
Does that sound right, or is there a better way ?
thank you for your help.