Environment forest1: Exchange 2013, Active directory level 2008, Clients running Office 2007, 2010 and 2013. Environment forest2: Exchange 2013
In forest1 there were some exchange contacts of forest2 because there is no trust relationship between them, everything is separate. Until yesterday everything went fine with sending mails between the two forests until I deleted the Exchange contacts (in forest1) through Active Directory Users and Computers console and re-created them there. Since then when I type the name of a contact in the To: field of outlook (in forest1) and complete it by pressing Ctrl-K and send the mail after a few seconds I get a message back from the exchange server in forest1 with the following message:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
(Contact's name in forest2)
The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.
Diagnostic information for administrators: Generating server: SERVER36.forest1.com
IMCEAEX-_o=BE+20Group_ou=Exchange+20Administrative+20Group+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_cn=Recipients_cn=ContactsName@forest1.com Remote Server returned '550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found'
Original message headers:
Received: from SERVER36.forest1.com (192.168.1.23) by Server36.forest1.com (192.168.1.23) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 15.0.1210.3; Wed, 14 Jun 2017 07:30:11 +0300
Received: from SERVER36.forest1.com ([fe80::9576:69c7:7ea0:5847]) by Server36.forest1.com ([fe80::9576:69c7:7ea0:5847%12]) with mapi id 15.00.1210.000; Wed, 14 Jun 2017 07:30:11 +0300
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
From: (My name)
To: (Contact's name)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 07:30:11 +0300
Accept-Language: en-US, he-IL
X-KSE-ServerInfo: Server36.forest1.com, 9
X-KSE-AntiSpam-Interceptor-Info: internally-submitted e-mail
X-KSE-AttachmentFiltering-Interceptor-Info: protection disabled
X-KSE-Antivirus-Interceptor-Info: scan successful
X-KSE-Antivirus-Info: Clean, bases: 14/06/2017 00:53:00
Unfortunately I couldn't find any help on google for this issue. Things I've tried to do:
- Sending from OWA from forest1 to the same contact works
- Sending from phone from the same mailbox works
- I re-downloaded the offline Address book to outlook
- Problem occurs when sending from Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2016 (2013 not tested)
- Cleared the Cache from Auto-Complete List
- After typing the name of the recipient of forest2 and hovering with the mouse over it, it indeed shows the right email address, also in the mail returned from my exchange server it shows the right mail address.
- Sending mails from forest2 to forest1 is unaffected.
- I deleted all the contacts in the Active Directory but still the problem exists. Also re-created the contacts in Exchange - no difference.
- Rebooted the exchange server - no difference
As I couldn't find much help yet I ask you if maybe one of you guys have experienced something like this in the past or has a guess what the cause or the solution might be (and please don't tell me to work just with OWA from now on :-))