For a few weeks I have the problem that when people print on the terminal server to HP printers (most of them are) and the document contains a image the print job get stuck. It will try to restart the job but fails everytime.
When switching the driver to the models specific driver or back to universal print driver pcl 6 all jobs will resume printing. Only to have this problem again in a few hours.
When this problem occurs a print spool restart won't help.
- Server 2008 R2 Terminal Server
- Printers are connected locally on the terminal server via TCP/IP, so no redirection.
- Plain text does not seem to get stuck
- Pdf with a image, word with a image, or just a image will get the printer queue stuck
- Display of the printer will say printing to quickly disappear when it gets stuck.
Printers we use.
- 3x HP Color LaserJet M477
- 2x HP Color LaserJet CM3220
- 1x HP M402dn
Kyocera printer don't seem to be affected.