I just got a Dell PowerEdge T330, but a key is needed to open the side panel. I can't find any key in the packaging. Should I contact Dell?

  • 1
    I don't meant to be flippant, but this seems like an obvious 'yes.' Locksmiths and brute force don't seem prudent with new hardware, and I don't think you'll get an answer here that for some reason you won't need access. Jul 18, 2017 at 22:33
  • 3
    If you bought a car and didn't have a key for the trunk would you call the dealer or post your question on the internet? Common sense would tell you to call the dealer.
    – joeqwerty
    Jul 18, 2017 at 23:57
  • 1
    No, you should contact HP. Tell them you're very dissatisfied with the latest Dell you purchased and want to know if they'll give you a discount on their gear for customer service reasons. Jul 19, 2017 at 2:09

1 Answer 1


Yes, you should contact the vendor, in this case Dell, when components are missing or non-functional.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .