I got a new server with ubuntu 16.04 and installed gitblit GO.
- extracted it to /opt/gitblit/
- created user and group glitblit
- gave rights to user: chown -R gitblit:gitblit /opt/gitblit
- called install-service-ubuntu.sh - start/stop script was copied to /etc/init.d/gitblit
- set server.httpPort = 8080 in /opt/data/gitblit/default.properties
When i start it manually with java -jar gitblit.jar --baseFolder data under /opt/gitblit/ it works and i can browse the site.
Starting the service with /etc/init.d/gitblit start does nothing:
/etc/init.d/gitblit start [ ok ] Starting gitblit (via systemctl): gitblit.service.
In var/log/syslog i can only find one entry:
Aug 4 09:02:21 servername systemd: Started LSB: Gitblit repository server.
Nothing of interest to find here: /opt/gitblit/data/logs/gitblit.log
Tried changing the path to the pid-file from /var/run/gitblit.pid to /tmp/gitblit.pid - no success.
What am I missing here? Why wont gitblit start as a service?