Suppose I have a VHD residing on Disk A mounted on a Windows Server 2016.
If I turn write caching on for Disk A and the VHD, do I have double write caching?
- If yes, is this recommended?
- If it is not, should the write caching be done on Disk A or on the VHD?
Suppose I put this VHD then into a Storage Spaces and created a virtual disk with 5 GB writeback cache.
- How does this write back cache interact with the write caching?
- And again, what is the recommended way to configure this for 1) optimal reliability and 2) optimal speed?
- Storage spaces does not allow turning off write cache.