I have an issue where the following happened in the below sequence (and verified a second time with a test account, and O365 tennant in example is mydomain.onmicrosoft.com):
- Email was created on Office 365 with an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local AD account was created with a local UPN of @corp.mydomain.com of the AD (by mistake, we had also added mydomain.com to the UPNs but wrong one was selected).
- AD Sync ran and we could see a user email@example.com listed (show Synced with Active Directory under Office 365 portal admin users list)
- We then change the UPN of the AD account to @mydomain.com
- We get the error for Dir Sync status of
We detected a duplicate UserPrincipalName conflict on the value firstname.lastname@example.org. All attribute values need to be unique across objects. To resolve this conflict, first determine which object should be using the conflicting value. Then, update or remove the conflicting value from the other object(s). This error was detected on 9/7/17 12:32 PM.
The lists are:
UserPrincipalName: email@example.com Status:Unlicensed Last DirSync time: Source anchor: Source of authority:Cloud Created on:9/7/17 3:49 PM UserPrincipalName: firstname.lastname@example.org (Modified automatically) Status:Unlicensed Last DirSync time:9/7/17 4:32 PM Source anchor:+fWWJ+utoUS9xeB2ofeKew== Source of authority:On-premises Active Directory Created on:9/7/17 4:02 PM Proxy addresses:
I have followed the details here and set the local AD account email address under user profile to email@example.com, set the UPN to mydomain.com, and also added the proxy address SMTP:firstname.lastname@example.org under attributes tab of the user, but still get the same error.
Any ideas please how i can link the listed
email@example.com (AD account) to
firstname.lastname@example.org (Office 365 mailbox) ?