On Exchange 2016 (Version 15.0 (Build 847.32)) we have a single mailbox that is used on 2 computers. When computer A has Outlook 2010 open, computer B can no longer open Outlook 2010. However, the exact opposite happens when you open Outlook on computer B first. Then computer A gets the error message. The computers are stand alone and are logging in with the same domain account. However, I tried using different AD accounts and the issue persists.
Error message when trying to open Outlook while the mailbox is opened on the other computer: "Cannot open default email folders, Microsoft Exchange is not available" However it is possible to ping the server (IP and DNS) and ping autodiscover.domainname.com
Already tried to:
- Set Maximum concurrent connections to unlimited
- Set Maximum concurrent connections per domain to unlimited
- Remove the profile on both computers
- Restarted the Exchange server and computers
- Removed all ost files under C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook