I want to install Yum repo server inside infrastructure shown in attached image. Yum architecture.
My intensions are:
- Install CentOS minimal inside Secure Zone
- Computers in Secure Zone are not allowed to connect to Internet
- Computers inside Secure Zone must have connection to update server which is inside Open Zone
- Yum server which is located in Open Zone are allowed to go to mirrors in Internet
- Between Secure Zone, Open Zone and Internet are two firewalls
- Yum server inside Open Zone will get every day all new updates for CentOS 7
- Computers in Secure Zone are updated manually and once a month
And now my questions:
- How HDD disk space is needed in Yum server inside Open Zone? (only for CentOS 7 repo)
- Will Yum server inside Open Zone collect all packages from internet or only that are needed for computers in Secure Zone? (For example in scenario when I have only one CentOS 7 minimal installation inside Secure Zone)
- How fast the file size on Yum server will grow (eg. how many MB per month)?
- What will happened with old packages when Yum server gets new version of package from internet. Will it be deleted (to preserve disk space) or it hold all versions with same package?