I would like Outlook Exchange out of office (OOF) automatic replies:
- Not sent to semi-spam external e-mails. (I can put these in a local group if that will help; I cannot put them in a system-wide distribution list.) I have these emails as contacts because I want to process them differently in the client.
- To go to some people outside of the Exchange view of my Organization. (see above about dist lists)
- Rules to run as server-side rules or code. That way the OOF replies are sent when I am not connected with a client (as is usually the case when I am running OOF).
- I do not have administrative rights to the exchange server.
The default choices in Outlook 2010 are: date ranges, just my organisation, or my organisation and/or Contacts.
It seems that a group that will either designate those who should get the OOF messages would be easiest IFF Exchange has access to the group as part of it decision making mechanism.
If you mark this question as a duplicate, please point to the duplicate. Many people already do this; I thank you. I have listed a few potentially related questions (none of them answer this question):
- http://serverfault.com/questions/298220/exchange-2010-auto-responders Concerns email loops and an automated response to a group mailbox.
- How do I stop Outlook Out-Of-Office from replying to certain addresses? - this suggests some elimination code, but the "Only items that do not match these conditions" restriction means that I have to list all possible spammers, etc.
- Exchange 2010, Send automatic response even if outlook or session is closed - is mostly server-based, server-administered options
- Will Outlook out-of-office reply go to mailing lists? this one relies on headers like
- Exchange 2007 Auto-Reply no answer
- The 2012 Change Outlook "reply to" based upon sent address? talks about a transport agent and the popular topic of shared mailboxes. I did not find it applicable.
Maybe this question is: (How do I create an) Outlook server-side rule using a personal contact group(?)