I found a way to host a static website in an Azure blob, using a subdomain and an http re-direct
I do the following
1) In Azure I create a storage account with a container ( called docs ) that has Blob access policy.
2) I upload my static website to the docs container using the storage explorer. This includes some PHP files in a sub folder.
3) In the DNS I set up a cname record for a subdomain ( called info say) with alias myblob.blob.core.windows.net ( where myblob is the name of my blob)
4) In the DNS I create an Http redirect for record to a file on the subdomain for www with url xhttp://info.mydomainname.com/docs/index.html ( spelt without the x. I put an x in front to prevent the hyperlink )
5) In Azure I create a custom domain for info.mydomainname.com
My website then works however if someone knows the location of the PHP files then they can download them which means I must not store secrets in them.
Is there a way I can prevent them from being accessed?
I am using a Blob access policy for my container