I can't for the life of me connect to my EC2 instance over the web. I know there are six million posts about this already, but they all seem to be resolved the same ways.. but won't work for me.
What I have tried
- Enabling relevant inbound (and outbound) traffic in security groups
- Accepting all TCP traffic on port 80 via iptables
- Updating /etc/apache2/ports.conf listen line to "Listen 0.0.0.0:80"
- Restarting apache / EC2 instance between each and every step
- Checking the 000 virtual host conf file - it's listening on port 80
What I can do
- wget localhost - returns the apache2 landing page (so the web server definitely works
- Ping the instance after setting up ICMP equivalent settings in Security groups - so I'm almost positive Security Groups ain't the problem
Is there anything else I can try?
In response to comments..
- traceroute doesn't respond, but "sudo traceroute -T hostname" returns the correct FQDN and IP address
- I haven't modified my network ACL (at least knowlingly), and AFAIK it defaults to allow all inbound/outbound traffic
- My security group inbound rules are as follows:
HTTP TCP 80 0.0.0.0/0 HTTP TCP 80 ::/0
- And I have no security group outbound rules
- I haven't set up anything related to VPC, so everything should be default!