How can I troubleshoot and fix Outlook 2013 Clients so that they can pull MailTips, set Out of Office notifications (Automatic Replies), and see Free/Busy availability?
The server is Exchange 2010 build 14.03.0361.001 running on Server 2008R2. Outlook 2016 works 100%, with no problems. All features work from OWA. This would suggest that the server is capable of serving Exchange Web Services (EWS). Users who are on Outlook 2013 or below cannot see MailTips, OOF, Free/Busy Availability. I've found that there are a large number of causes for these errors. I'm interested in the behavior difference in Outlook 2016 that would allow it to pull from the server when 2013 clients cannot.
When attempting to set Automatic Replies (Out of Office)
"Your automatic reply settings cannot be displayed because the server is currently unavailable"
When writing a new message
"We can't show MailTips right now"
When attempting to schedule a meeting
"Suggestions cannot be provided because free/busy data could not be retrieved."
Scheduling Assistant shows "No Information" for all invited attendees.
WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
- I have gone through all the AutoDiscover\AutoConfiguration troubleshooting and I have found that all of my URLs are correct and AutoDiscover works fine.
- I have ensured that DNS is set up correctly with SRV records for AutoDiscover.
- I have tested the URLs in AutoDiscover from affected clients and they can pull the XML files with no problem.
- I have tried creating new Outlook profiles on affected systems.
- Rebuild the EWS Virtual Directory on the Exchange server
- I have read through countless articles and searched all the forums, both official and rando.