I have configured a Domain Controller on a Windows Server 2016 (in AWS). Before setting up the AD I can able to browse the internet. But after configured the AD I can't able to ping the computers which all are added to that domain(but if I use FQDN its working). Also, I can't able to access the internet. But whenever I tried to ping using IP address I can able to access them. Public websites also.
- My windows domain name: sql.com
- I tried to add the 188.8.131.52 in the forwarders - Able to access all the websites.
- In Append this DNS suffix I added sql.com - Able to ping all the computers using their name.
- VPC range:
- In DC DNS IP in IPv4 properties:
- Domain name:
- Reverse lookup:
created (PTR records are also there)
- In AWS my AD and other servers are in public subnet. Necessary ports are opened.
Why I couldn't able to ping the servers using their names (before adding the Append DNS suffix).
Why I couldn't able to access the internet (until I have added the 184.108.40.206 to the DNS forwarders.)
If I removed the google DNS IP from the forwarders and removed Append DNS suffix, after reboot the Network shows Public Network instead of a domain network.
Can anyone help me to understand at least first 2 questions,But Im using Windows Server 2012 from past few years where I didn't face any issues like this.