My 2012 Essentials R2 server is backed up to an ISCSI drive. Yesterday both disks in my RAID0 decided to die, so I am having to do a BMR from the backup. Steps I have taken:
- New RAID0 logical drive created with two new identical disks
- Mount ISCSI drive on my PC, give it a drive letter, and share the drive with
Everyonehaving full permission on the share
- Boot from 2012 Essentials R2 media on server
System Image Recovery
- Choose Advanced and specify network share location on my pc
- Enter credentials when requested for the connection
- Message appears with
Scanning for system image disks
- The list is then empty, no images are found?!?
The connection to the share is working as far as I can tell, if I enter an erroneous path it errors with
path not found.
Why is it not listing the backup image?? I can see the vhdx files in the backup folder under