I have :
- An Active Directory with the domain name : domain.com on a machine A
- An admin domain user named controller
- A machine B running Windows 2008R2 joined to the AD
I want to connect to B through RDP as firstname.lastname@example.org but it doesn't work. I get the error : "The username and password didn't work ..." whereas if I connect directly in B with these credentials it works so I know the credentials are correct.
Also, if I try to connect to local users with RDP in B such the local admin, it works perfectly. The issue is only with domain users.
In order to solve the issue, I have :
- Used different username format (controller@..., domain.com\controller)
- Added the AD user controller to the Remote Desktop Users of the AD
- Tried to add the AD user controller to the Local Remote Desktop Users group of the machine B but it doesn't accept it. I go to Remote settings, add user, find it and click on ok. It seems to work until I realize nothing appears in the Remote Desktop Users list. It says that the Administrator already has access. So it confuses the local administrator and the domain admin controller. I still can't connect after that obviously.
I'm really stuck at that point, any help would be great.
Thank you in advance
EDIT : I run the gpresult command (gpresult/Scope Computer) on the affected computer and here are the GPO settings applied :
So there is indeed a GPO applied (Default Domain Policy) but I don't think there is anything about remote access. Should disable this GPO on this computer and try again to add the domain user to the Local RD Users or should I use this GPO to add the remote access for the given domain user from the AD ?