I am running a SSL enabled website on apache 2.2 which is comparatively static but the data is fetched from mysql as it makes updating easier for business side.
Few points about the site:
1. It runs fine during low load condition
2. It was running fine without ssl even in heavy traffic
3. But after enabling SSL it is slowing down during heavy traffic.
4. Whenever inactivity is more than 5 seconds it makes new SSL connection/handshake.
5. SSL Handshake during heavy traffic takes upto 12-15 secs.
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so Listen 443 SSLPassPhraseDialog builtin SSLSessionCache shmcb:/path/scache(512000) SSLSessionCacheTimeout 300 SSLMutex default SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/urandom 256 SSLRandomSeed connect builtin SSLCryptoDevice builtin SSLStrictSNIVHostCheck off SSLProtocol all -SSLv3 SSLCipherSuite ALL:+HIGH:+TLSv1:!ADH:!EXP:!SSLv2:!MEDIUM:!LOW:!NULL:!aNULL SSLHonorCipherOrder on HostnameLookups Off NameVirtualHost ip:port <VirtualHost ip:port> ServerName domain DocumentRoot /folder/ <Directory /folder/> Options -Indexes AllowOverride All </Directory> ErrorLog /path/error_log CustomLog /path/access_log common SSLEngine on SSLCertificateFile /path.txt SSLCertificateKeyFile /path.key SSLCertificateChainFile /path.txt </VirtualHost>
How can I custimze ssl.conf to get best possible perfomance without upgrading hardware?