- I am new to Apache Server Configuration.
- I went through the Apache Documentation and tried to understand the Basics as well as the Directives.
- But still, I am not able to figure out a configuration that I require for my current scenario.
- The Version of my Apache Server is 2.4.6 running on Cent OS 7.5.
My Current "httpd.conf" file. (Contains Only the important bits)
ServerRoot "/etc/httpd" Listen 80 ServerAdmin root@localhost ServerName 127.0.0.1 <Directory /> AllowOverride none Require all denied </Directory> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html" <Directory "/var/www"> AllowOverride None Require all granted </Directory> <Directory "/var/www/html"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None Require all granted </Directory> <Location /> AuthType shibboleth ShibRequireSession On Require valid-user </Location> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin firstname.lastname@example.org DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/mywebsitecontent/" ServerName myweb </VirtualHost>
- According to the above configuration, typing "http://myweb/" in the browser URL will invoke Shibboleth Authentication as configured in
- But at the same time, if I host any other website in the
"/var/www/html/"folder for example say
- Now if try to access the
demowebsite with http://127.0.0.1/demo/index.html, it will also invoke Shibboleth Authentication because of
<Location />configuration. And I don't want that.
- I want the
<Location>to only work for
What I Tried:
<Location /myweb>- Not Working
<VirtualHost>- Not Working
- I don't know what I am doing wrong.
- Any idea/suggestion/solution/right direction will be greatly appreciated.