We have a fleet of beaglebone boards running Debian 7.9 that communicate with our server (an Azure App Service) over https. From at least one of these boards, most requests to the server timeout. When I run
curl <my_api_url> -v, it simply hangs at "Trying":
* About to connect() to <my_api_url> port 443 (#0) * Trying <ip address>...
- On other boards,
curl <my_api_url>works just fine
- On this board, I can ping and curl other sites just fine. The speedtest gave 9.74 Mbits/s up 0.85 Mbits/s down.
- On this board, requests to our server seem to work occasionally (for a short window every 10-15 minutes or so), but otherwise timeout.
- I also tried just using the server ip address directly.
curl https://<ip>/api/v2connects just fine from other boards, but from this board, it gets stuck at
Tryingjust the same. So it doesn't seem to be a DNS issue.
- The request above is made over https, so it's using port 443. But other https requests from this board work fine, so it doesn't seem like a port availability issue. Anyways, the same request to our server over http (port 80) also gets stuck at
Tryingon this board.
What could be the cause, and what other tools can I use to investigate what is going on with this particular board and url? How can I determine in the first place if it is an issue with the client/board, the Azure server, or somewhere in between?