I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V guest (the host is Windows Server 2016) which sometimes (for example, right now) fails to get more memory even though
- dynamic memory is enabled,
- plenty of memory is available on the host, and
- the guest requires more memory.
As soon as I manually restart the guest, dynamic memory allocation works properly again (until it stops working properly again).
I have found the following similar questions and resources, but they only apply to other operating system versions:
- Hyper-V dynamic memory not correctly assigning more memory (applies only to Windows Server 2012/2012R2)
- Hotfix: Hyper-V Dynamic Memory does not work on a Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition or Windows Web Server 2008 virtual machine (VM) (applies only to Windows Server 2008)
Is this a known issue? If yes, what can I do to fix it?
Note: Since the problem only occurs sporadically, I won't be able to give timely feedback on "Try this: ..." answers.