This was originally posted to StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52538874/url-redirection-to-different-secure-site
I'm looking for some help with URL Redirection.
I am hosting a website with the following configuration:
- Application is running on a Tomcat7 App Server
- Site is hosted on an AWS EC2 Linux Server
- DNS is configured on AWS R53 Hosted Zone
- SSL Certificate is installed and configured
- Tomcat's server.xml file is configured to redirect all http traffic to https
Let's pretend this website's url is www.site1.com. There is a subfolder within this site called biz, which, if accessed via www.site1.com/biz automatically redirects to https.
I also own the domain www.site1.biz, and I would like all calls to www.site1.biz and site1.biz to redirect to 'https: //www.site1.com/biz' BUT for the url in the browser to display 'https: //www.site1.biz
Is this possible? And if so, what is the simplest way to go about this? I don't have an issue setting up a separate app or tomcat instance, but would prefer to avoid this if I can. Lastly, my SSL Certificate is multi-domain and includes www.site1.com AND www.site1.biz.