This is a setup I inherited, and that is really old (running drbd 8.3). I tried
drbdadm connect drbd0,
drbdadm primary -f drbd0, but everything comes back with
Need access to UpToDate data.
I presume that is because of being Inconsistent.
[root@node-01 ~]# drbd-overview 0:drbd0 StandAlone Secondary/Unknown Inconsistent/Outdated r----- 1:drbd1 Connected Secondary/Secondary UpToDate/UpToDate C r----- [root@node-02 ~]# drbd-overview 0:drbd0 WFConnection Secondary/Unknown Inconsistent/DUnknown C r----- 1:drbd1 Connected Secondary/Secondary UpToDate/UpToDate C r-----
How can I fix this, without nuking the data on it?
When I did
drbdadm connect drbd0 the system log says:
block drbd0: conn( StandAlone -> Unconnected ) block drbd0: Starting receiver thread (from drbd0_worker ) block drbd0: receiver (re)started block drbd0: conn( Unconnected -> WFConnection ) block drbd0: Handshake successful: Agreed network protocol version 96 block drbd0: conn( WFConnection -> WFReportParams ) block drbd0: Starting asender thread (from drbd0_receiver ) block drbd0: data-integrity-alg: <not-used> block drbd0: drbd_sync_handshake: block drbd0: self AA586D9040BXXXX:7DF55F42BF95XXXX:7DF45F42BF95XXXX:DC31D449C727XXXX bits:416 flags:0 block drbd0: peer 7DF55F42BF9XXXX:0000000000000000:DC31D449C727EE27:DC30D449C727XXXX bits:416 flags:0 block drbd0: uuid_compare()=1 by rule 70 block drbd0: I shall become SyncSource, but I am inconsistent! block drbd0: conn( WFReportParams -> Disconnecting ) block drbd0: error receiving ReportState, l: 4! block drbd0: asender terminated block drbd0: Terminating asender thread block drbd0: Connection closed block drbd0: conn( Disconnecting -> StandAlone ) block drbd0: receiver terminated block drbd0: Terminating receiver thread