I have a very strange issue on google cloud platform with one of my K8S clusters.
Two days ago, everything worked like a charm. But yesterday every
helm commands used to deploy on this cluster started to fail with:
Error from server: error dialing backend: No SSH tunnels currently open. Were the targets able to accept an ssh-key for user "gke-5fe81XXXXXXX"?
I checked every single leads from the https://cloud.google.com/kubernetes-engine/docs/troubleshooting
The kubectl logs, attach, exec, and port-forward commands hang page.
- Cluster do have nodes (15 node on 3 pools)
- Every pods is running and alive in the cluster and I tried to connect on everyone of them: same issue for every pod on every node
- My network firewall have both
gke-review-5fe81XXX-sshthat allow ssh from the master ip to all nodes
- My project metadatas sshKeys contains the master ssh key and is not 32kb long
- on my nodes, the
.ssh/authorized_keysfile contains the public key from master
- I can ssh to nodes from my computer after adding my key to project metadatas, and between nodes
What is really annoying is that it happened last week for maybe few hours but then the issue vanished magically.