I have installed SQL Server Developer Edition 2017 on Windows Server 2016 in order to do some test on my aliyun server.
However, I cannot connect remotely.
- On local SSMS, the "Allow remote connection to this server" is checked
- On local SSMS, I can login using the LAN ip of the server
- I have checked that the SQL Server configuration have TCP/IP enabled, and that the port is well set on IPALL config
- I have also enabled NAMED PIPES (we never know...)
- By default, the windows firewall is disabled (turn off) so I suppose that I don't have an issue there as well
- I can ping on my pc the distant server (public ip)
- I have rebooted the SQL SERVER service maybe a million times.
After all of it, I honestly have no idea what to do next to unlock this issue. Do you know if Aliyun block some port by default ? Do you know what can I check next to understand what's going on ?
Thanks for your help.