I have a freshly installed and updated version of Windows Server 2016, I have 4x 4TB disks, connected through SATA. These disks are setup in a parity configuration under a StoragePool, in that I have made a virtual disk of ~10TB.
Write operations to the disk go around 10MB/s after the RAM buffer has filled, an ideas why?
- Iperf3 - Network connection is working correctly.
- CPU Load - 10% or lower.
- Hardware Failure - Disk drives are functional and controller works fine on individual disks.
The Storage Pool's Write Pattern Link
iPerf3 Results Link
Write Pattern During LOCAL C: to O: Transfer (No Networking): Link
- Disk RPM/Size: 7200RPM (LFF)
- Disk Models: WD40EFRX (Western Digital: Red "NAS" Drives)
- Storage Pool Setup: See Here
- What kind of server? Custom-Chassis PC Case with a "Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus" Motherboard.
- How are disks connected to it? 12 Disks, 4 of which are relevant to this file share.
Additional Notes - The system was performing in the range of 200MB/s previosuly with FreeNAS 11.4.