0

If I run a specific tomcat folder it runs 100% of the time. If I run a second test folder (tomcat2) it will only run maybe 10% of the time. In other words it seems to succeed a small portion of the time. When it fails nothing is recorded in the catalina.out logs in tomcat. And when systemctl fails all I get is code = exited status 1. There's no additional information other than tomcat.service entered failed state. If I run tomcat/bin/startup.sh it works 100% of the time.

What could it be? Why does it only work sometimes work for the second test tomcat instance? Where can I get any more debugging information? I have nothing to go on...

Firstly it's great to hear that you'd like to update your version of LandlordMax. In regards to the instructions you can just re-download and re-install the software the same was as you did when you first installed it, the installer is smart enough to know whether it's a new install or an upgrade. With that in mind you can find the instructions on how to install the software in Section 2 of the User Manual located online at:

To give an idea of the frustrations in one case all I did was remove SESSIONS.ser in the work folder and then it started. I then stopped and started it up again and it would no longer startup. But if I go back to the first tomcat folder it works 100% of the time.

UPDATE: After a lot of effort it looks as though the tomcat shutdown script is called right after the startup script as soon as the startup has completed...

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.