2

I ran into an issue when I mistakenly changed my quotum for Google Compute engine queries per 100 seconds per user to 0.

I thought 0 would mean 'unlimited' but apparently it's really 0. Making this worse: The quota page itself falls under the Google Compute Engine query API so I can't access that at all.

It feels like I just bricked my entire project but I hope there is a way around this.

I only have a bronze service account, so can't really go to Google with this.

  • Normally, when you try to set any of the API quota to "0", you should see a message similar to this. "You're reducing a quota limit by more than 10%, which can impact existing activities. Are you sure you want to continue?" Did you check the box to confirm this? Also, did you try to increase the number back by visiting the quota page. Ex. console.cloud.google.com/iam-admin/… and then click on the pencil to edit the number; as shown in this screenshot – Sunny J. Jan 6 at 22:31
  • Yeah, saw all that and (realizing it now) quite stupidly clicked past it. Like I said, the quota page is not accessible, since it is apparently part of the API, which seems a bit stupid on Google's end. – Jorick Spitzen Jan 6 at 22:32
  • I tried and was unable to reproduce similar behavior. Hence, I would suggest that you notify Google using the following link. This will create a private issue that only you and Googlers will have access to. You should include the Google Cloud Project Number that you are having issues with and also add the ServerFault question that prompted opening this issue. – Sunny J. Jan 6 at 22:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.