I'm using VMWare Workstation
I created 2 VM: Server - 2008 R2 include AD; Client - Windows 7 x86
both on VMNet 0.
IPs: Server - 10.0.0.110; Client - 10.0.0.111; Primary DNS: 10.0.0.110
Firewalls: Turned Off in both VMs
Network Sharing: Turned On in both VMs
1) I create in the Server - a shared folder in c:\ called profiles. sharing permission: Everyone; Full Control
2) I tested that I can access the shared folder from the Client
3) I create in the Server - AD - a new user: User1
4) I logged into the Domain with User1 in the Client
5) I create a test.txt file on Desktop
6) I logged off
7) I logged into the Domain with Administrator in the Client
8) I copy User1 profile folder (C:\Users\User1 folder) to \Server\Profiles folder
9) I logged off
10) I verified User1 has full control permission on his profile folder in the server. 11) I set profile path in AD > User1 properties like this: \Server\profiles
12) I logged into the Domain with User1 in the Client
13) I create a test2.txt file on Desktop
14) I logged off
15) I checked the Server's location: \Server\Profiles\User1
What I expected to see: A new User1.V2 folder
What actually happened: after step #12 - I got error 1521: Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights.
Is there a simple way to make client copy its files to the server?
How can I avoid this Error 1521?