We have 10 phone extensions that instead of gettings messages on the phone, we configured the Avaya IP Office to forward messages to a specific email for each extension. The SMTP server adress is specified in avaya settings and a local Windows server IIS 6.0 SMTP service. This has been working well for years.
Since yesterday the emails are no longer being sent. I rebooted the Avaya system a few time, and everytime the emails work for the 5-10 first minutes. I am in the dark here. How do I diagnostic this problem, I am not sure what I am looking for?
- I rebooted the Avaya Switch at least 4 times, same results
- I rebooted my DC/DNS/SMTP server
- I tried to look at SMTP logs, Firewall logs, Event logs
- I am able to ping the avaya switch, it's on the same subnet
- The SMTP seems to work, whenever I put a file in my SMTP C:\inetpub\mailroot\Pickup it is sent right away.