We have some issues regarding NFS share regarding filenames encoding.
We were previously mounting as NFSv3 and started to use NFSv4 and some files previously created, with special characters (typically French accented characters) are now incompatible and cannot be listed correctly.
The NFS server is configured to allow clients to mount with either v3 or v4.
Moreoever, we did a simple test to understand what is happening:
- mount the share on (for example):
/mnt/nfs3with the type nfs (
- mount the same folder on:
/mnt/nfs4with the type nfs4 (
- create a file with accented characters in the filename in the nfsv4 folder:
- list the newly created file on the same folder:
And the result is :
So as you can see, listing the file with accents in the same folder it was created shows differences. Why is that ?
- Is there any compatibility mode on the NFS server ?
- Is mounting the same folder with different NFS types on the same machine an issue ?
- Has it anything to do with machine locale and the
LC_*env variables ?
Thank you for your help!