I have a problem with Windows Server 2012 (NON R2). Basically, svchost/wuauserv is stuck using 100% of 1 core (and 2GB RAM), indefinitely.
I tried pretty much everything I found online:
- Made sure there is enough diskspace (8GB now)
- Used Reset tools like ResetWUEng.cmd and Reset-WindowsUpdate.ps1
- Did a:
- "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth"
- sfc /scannow
- cd C:\Windows\System32\wbem\AutoRecover -> for /f %s in ('dir /b *.mof *.mfl') do mofcomp %s"
- Used WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab
- Tried WSUS offline (also hangs)
- Set windows update to never update
- Restarting VM, Restarting windows update service
- Left it overnight
- Manually installed latest monthly rollup (Februari 2019). This installed, but windows update still uses 25% (1 core) CPU indefinitely
I searched everywhere and I don't know what to do except for reinstall windows. At this point I just want to know what the problem is.
In the log file, lots of:
DtaStor WARNING: Attempted to add URL http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2019/01/windows8-rt-kb4480094-x64_760d29d4007187bd160761d09c6b6600a5a84249.msu for file dg0p1ABxh70WB2HQnGtmAKWoQkk= when file has not been previously added to the datastore